Monday, November 18, 2013

A Little Downtime In My Happiest Place

I kind of love this picture

David took this picture over the weekend.

It was dark outside and I was in my most favorite position - in my reading room in the shadow of my bookshelves, lying on the couch covered in pillows and blankets, romance novel in hand.

The past two weeks have been filled with appointments and commitments and events of the very best kind - my best friend's wedding, my sister-in-law's engagement, and more. But after fourteen nonstop days, this past weekend I was ready for a little downtime.

And I took it.

I could - and do - happily lay like this for entire days at a time, soaking in Nora's words as the hours pass and day moves into night. No computers, no phones, no TVs or iAnythings. Just me, my books, and this past weekend David, capturing the moment for posterity.

This, more than anything in the world, is my happy place.

7 comments:

  1. That's my favorite thing to do (except I'm not big into romance novels). It's been awhile. I haven't been reading anything but blogs since NaBloPoMo (and I'm behind on that too). Glad you got to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very happy place! I miss our office which was lined with bookshelves :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day of reading sounds like bliss to me and I have yet to read a Nora Roberts book, even if she has my namesake! I'm sure you have your favorites of hers, but which book of hers do you recommend for someone that hasn't read one?

    Happy NaBloPoMo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks remarkably like my happy place... ;) I love this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks perfect! Kids kind of prevent me from doing that kind of thing. Ah, how I remember long days of reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm behind on everything since last week but this picture motivated me to relax in my spot to read. Loving "Hateship, "Friendship, Courtship, Loveship, Marriage" by Alice Munro. I really think you'd like it. Special stories!

    ReplyDelete