Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sure Signs Thanksgiving Is On The Way...

If you live or work in Manhattan, as I do, there are certain signs that the holiday season is about to kick into full swing. More than just the selling of holiday cards at the Papyrus on 6th Avenue which have pretty much been available since September, or the Christmas decorations on Radio City Music Hall which have been up since October because of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular.

I'm talking about the signs that start to pop up during Thanksgiving week. The decorations and the people who are absent one day, appear the next day out of nowhere, and become to quickly and neatly ingrained into the landscape of Midtown Manhattan that you can hardly remember a day when they weren't there.

Yesterday on my way to work I stumbled upon three such signs:

The Rock Center Christmas Tree Star

The lit up trees and the ornaments stacked in the fountain

Dancers for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
The season is officially underway.

Happy day before Thanksgiving to you and yours.

1 comment:

  1. I love those giant ornaments! We've seen them every year but so far don't have a plan to go in. I guess we should. I love NY in December.

    ReplyDelete