Saturday, November 16, 2013

It's About That Time Of Year


The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree is up, waiting for its lights to be lit.

And I'm gearing up for streets clogged with tourists, people who ask me for directions while standing directly in front of their destination, dancers and cheerleaders invading the NYC streets in preparation for the Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade, and the general seasonal insanity.

Don't get me wrong, I love NYC during the holidays.

But I work here and have places to be in a hurry, so I sometimes find myself wanting to scream "it's just a tree" at the top of my lungs.

2 comments:

  1. We've seen it every year we've been here. But I'm not crazy enough to go to the lighting. It's just we usually catch a show in December and stop by the tree, which is just a tree ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to see an insider's opinion. I can see how you would be perturbed by all the tourists. However, I have NEVER seen it and it has always been my dream to do the touristy thing up there around this time of year. One day, maybe. So, I will probably be that person in your way. Although, I know full well where it is and how to get there, so I'll try my best not to keep you from any meetings. ;)

    ReplyDelete