Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Awards, Awards, Awards

As most of you know, I am in the middle of a blogging challenge called NaBloPoMo, or, National Blog Posting month, where I blog every day of the month of November, or for thirty days straight. It's a little tricky, but also a lot of fun.

One of the best parts has been reading posts from bloggers I wasn't entirely familiar with before this month began. I have Yeah Write and its massive NaBloPoMo grid to thank for that.

Recently, I have been the recipient of two awards from bloggers I have met recently. I got the Liebster Award from the lovely Michelle DeLorge at Scattered Wrecks, and I got the Sunshine Award from the incomparable Jake at Jake vs. The City.

The rules for the awards are similar. I write eleven random facts about myself, answer eleven questions posed to me by the giver of the award, and bestow these awards on some other bloggers of my choice. As I have been the recipient of The Liebster before, I have already divulged some little known facts about myself here, but who couldn't use a few more?

Here they are, in no random order:
  1. I can't remember the last time I slept through the night. I sleep pretty well, but I wake up at least once in the middle of the night, every single night.
  2. You all know I love romance novels, but did you know that I love post-9/11 spy novels too?
  3. And YA novels about dystopian futures? I just finished the first book in the Divergent trilogy, and am re-reading The Hunger Games trilogy too.
  4. I saw all 8 Harry Potter movies at midnight on the night they came out.
  5. And also both Sex and the City movies.
  6. I keep a handwritten red notebook filled with recipes. Not everything should be done online.
  7. I love to cook but I rarely use cookbooks, relying instead on the aforementioned red notebook.
  8. This year is the very first Thanksgiving in my entire life that I am not going to be with my parents. I'll be at my in-law's house for an epic Thanksgivukah (Thanksgiving + Chanukah) celebration, in honor of the last time Thanksgiving and Chanukah will overlap for more than 70,000 years.
  9. I get a weekly manicure. It's one of my biggest indulgences, but I never feel completely put together without one.
  10. In my house, when it snows we get to have special snow day treats. Think: doughnuts, cookies, grilled cheese, hot cocoa. It's a tradition held over from when my sisters and I were little, and I want to maintain it forever.
  11. Sometimes I imagine what life would be like if I had a brother, and I can't ever get that picture in my head. sisters are the best.
And here are my answers to Michelle's questions. She asked us to pick our favorite movies in 11 different genres:
  1. Drama - A League of Their Own
  2. Comedy - It's a tie...Crazy, Stupid, Love and Pitch Perfect
  3. Romantic Comedy - You've Got Mail
  4. Romantic Drama - The American President
  5. Epic - Apollo 13
  6. Animated - Toy Story, the original
  7. Biopic - The Social Network. Weird, I know, but I can't help but watch it every time it's on.
  8. Historical - Does Pearl Harbor count? Because I really, really love that movie. 
  9. Sci-Fi - Is Harry Potter sci-fi? Because, magic. I say it does.
  10. Foreign - I just can't with foreign films. This might make me uncultured. I'm not so sure I care.
  11. Mystery - The Life of David Gale
And here are my answers to Jake's:
  1. If you were an animal, what would it be? - A leopard, because I like the spots
  2. What is your favorite book and why? - This one is hard, because I have so many favorites, depending on the genre and what I'm in the mood for. But I think my all time, never goes out of style favorite is Just As Long As We're Together, by Judy Blume
  3. If you could have 1 superhero power, what would it be? - To fly
  4. What's your favorite color? - Purple
  5. What strange thing do you do when you get ready in the morning? - Follow a routine that never, ever varies. If it does, I imagine all kinds of bad things that will befall me during the day.
  6. What's your favorite movie? - I have lots of favorites, see above. But my all time most favorite is definitely The American President.
  7. If you could go one place in the world, where would it be? - Italy
  8. Harry, Ron, or Hermione? - Hermione. Smart, cool, and a really good friend
  9. iPhone or Droid? - Droid all the way
  10. Staying in and watching a movie, or going out to a movie theatre? - Staying in, I'm a homebody.
  11. Why did you start blogging? - Mostly because I had a lot to say, and I was tired of keeping it all in.
Thank you so much Michelle and Jake...Stay tuned for my nominees!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgivukah! And congrats on the awards. It was fun reading the answers to your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Life of David Gale, a good one. I haven't seen that one in awhile. I might have to pull it out and watch it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, now that I know other books you like besides romance novels, did you ever read Night Fall by Nelson DeMille? It's not exactly post 9-11 but if you like that stuff, I think you'd enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! And all the other books In the John Corey series. They are some of my favorites.

      Delete