Thursday, November 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Kitchen Construction Edition

This week I'm looking back one year to our move from Manhattan to the NYC suburbs, and remembering those first, anxiety-filled days in our new place. Today, that place is home, but 365 days ago? Not so much.

Today, in this special Throwback Thursday edition, here are pictures of our kitchen in various stages of construction. The kitchen was supposed to have been finished by the time we moved in, but that obviously was not meant to be. So for our first month we ate cereal for dinner and turned our dining room into a makeshift kitchen until our real one was complete, sometime in the middle of December.

This morning I woke up, got dressed, and went to the kitchen for coffee and breakfast. And as I was getting everything together, I was thinking about those days where the kitchen was a black hole, totally gutted, and thinking about how very far we've come.





4 comments:

  1. I remember those days well and not always fondly. : )
    Remodeling is hard whether you do it yourself or you have a contractor. I enjoyed the process but I would never do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember that in real time. It's so nice you are now settled into such a beautiful kitchen. As I recall, your husband made the cabinets, right? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I remember when you guys were first moving in. You were really thrown in the deep end! You've come a long way. How is it possible that was only a year ago?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot! Kitchen Renovation

    ReplyDelete