Monday, November 4, 2013

An Exciting Announcement.

A couple of months ago, I wrote a blog post.

It was a painful post to write, and one of which I am extremely proud.

I submitted it to Yeah Write, the best weekly writing competition on the internet, and for the very first time, I won the jury prize and the crowd favorite.

A few days later I got an e-mail from the lovely ladies who run a website called The HerStories Project. Their website is a blog dedicated to female friendship, and they publish guest posts from some wonderful writers who I have come to love and admire over these past couple years.

These women decided to compile and publish an anthology of essays on female friendship, and they asked if they could use my essay as one of the forty-plus that they will be including. The book will be published in both electronic and hard copy versions, and will be released in December.

If you get a chance, visit the brand new HerStories website, and take a look at the contributor page where you can read bios of all the incredible writers that will have their works published in the anthology, a group of which I am incredibly honored to be a part.

Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more details about the book, including where you can buy your own copy, and if you're so inclined, read some of the early reviews.

Thank you so much Jessica and Stephanie for recognizing the power, love and even occasional heartbreak of female friendship. These are the relationships that enrich our lives beyond measure, and leave us forever changed.

13 comments:

  1. Woo hoo. How exciting. Will definitely look at the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I'm going to go check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS! That's amazing! I just went back and read the post - it's moving and beautiful, and perfectly captures powerful and painful emotions. You deserve all the recognition in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! That was, indeed, a fabulous post! Well deserving of the Yeah Write accolades and publishing. This is excellent news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting, Sam. I wish you all the more good things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy that you agreed to share it with us. It's one of my favorite pieces in the book. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete