Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Cozy Night

I don't celebrate Christmas, but neither do I do the traditional Jewish-person-on-Christmas-Eve movie and Chinese food. This is a perfectly delightful way to spend an evening, but just not the way I choose to spend December 24th. Even though Christmas is not my holiday, there is something cozy and still about Christmas Eve, and I have always loved staying at home to sink into all that calm. 

So last night. Last night we decided to stay home. A pile of blankets and pillows, pizza, ice cream, three movies, and a fire in our new fireplace made for an absolutely perfect evening.


And as an added bonus, our front yard was covered in snow. 

View from my front door.

Happy holidays to those of you celebrating today. 

Hope you had an equally cozy and family-filled night.

2 comments:

  1. You are totally stylin'! We had to give up the fire in our fireplace b/c we don't have a mantle so the TV would fry (but awesome call on the TV over the fireplace). But we have other fireplaces to have fires. Still, I'd love to be able to do what you do. The snow dusting was a pleasant surprise. And low maintenance since it melted right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny you mentioned the movie and Chinese food. Although we're non-religious Christians, we celebrate Christmas Day by going to the movies at night. We would have gone yesterday, but my husband and I are both sick so we stayed home watching Downton Abbey re-runs (he's getting caught up) and got Chinese take-out.

    Also, I am jealous of your TV set-up! I'm glad you enjoyed your night at home.

    ReplyDelete