Monday, July 22, 2013

A Super Fun Monday Morning Treat

NYC in the summer is a funny place, and I get to see a lot of that funny on the way to work in the morning. Whether it is the crazy tourists at 30 Rock waiting to get noticed by Matt, Savannah, Al and Natalie, the Today Show concert series in Rockefeller Plaza, or the sundry street vendors peddling everything from sunglasses to battery operated fans to NYC baby onsies, there is always something interesting or nutty to see.

This morning, as I crossed 6th avenue at 9am, I stumbled upon this.


Yes, that is a giant Snapple flip-flop, size 879.

It seems that Snapple thought New Yorkers would be particularly thirsty on this Monday morning, so they set up free beverage stations along 6th avenue between 50th and 51st street, staffed by really cheerful volunteers who peddled the company's product to people sweating their way to work through the soupy morning air.


And the people lined up.


Including me.


Thanks Snapple, for this Monday morning treat. 

Kiwi-Strawberry is my all-time favorite, and it made this New Yorker just a little bit happier at the beginning of a full 5-day summer work week.

7 comments:

  1. So what was real fact #444?

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM. And size 879? Whoa. You know what they say... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus, it's over 100 degrees there right now, isn't it? Nice surprise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to LOVE the kiwi-strawberry, but I don't think I've had one in years. I usually go for lemon tea or peach tea (for the caffeine) but I think I'll try a k-s again soon for old time's sake!

    ReplyDelete