So, in honor of the day that the world was blessed with the presence of this hilarious, unique and interesting man, I present to you the top ten ways you know you've good a good one in your life.
Happy, happy birthday David. I got the best one.
1. You walk into your house one day to find a full sized R2-D2 that he built himself.
He loves it.
And then he helps little kids play with it, just for fun
2. When the occasion calls for it, he dresses up like Indiana Jones:
And Captain America
3. He turns this
All by himself.
4. He grills
Even in the rain
Before heading out to the midnight showing of the new Superman movie, in a vintage Superman t-shirt, natch
5. He doesn't even blink when you turn your apartment into a veritable library of romance novels.
And then do the same thing to your house.
6. He shares with you a love of TV so soul deep that you regularly watch full seasons of shows together in a single weekend, on a TV this big:
Because when it comes to home entertainment, he doesn't mess around.
7. He takes you to a Pittsburgh Steelers playoff game for your birthday, and sits outside for five hours in below zero temperatures because you think it's fun.
8. After various plumbing disasters from which you now suffer from PTSD, he goes down to the basement every single day to check on things so that you don't have nightmares of dripping pipes and flooded floors.
9. He can fix your computer
10. He picks out the best toy ever for your niece, so she has something fun to play with while everyone is focused on her new baby brother.
And she loves it, of course.
And for the bonus round...
Because when he was little, he looked like this: