Friday, June 14, 2013

A Healthy Dose of Confidence With My Afternoon Snack

I bought a bag of candy last week.

I was in Duane Reade picking up something else, and the Dove Dark Chocolate Bites were on sale. I don't normally keep candy in my office, but I really love dark chocolate, and when I'm craving something sweet in the middle of the day, I figure it's better to grab a piece or two of dark chocolate than hit the vending machine and down an entire bag of Peanut M&Ms or some other inferior, but still incredibly delicious snack.

So I bought the bag, put it in my office snack drawer, and gave myself a little lecture on portion control - two at a time. No exceptions.

And surprise, it actually worked.

Because this is no bag of M&Ms. This is really, really good candy. So good, in fact, that two pieces is enough. And I am not a person for whom two pieces of anything is ever enough.

Anyway, when I opened my very first piece, I was surprised to see that the delightful people at Dove printed a little message inside each wrapper.

Now I am generally not a person for whom self-esteem is a problem. But, after almost two weeks of eating this chocolate and reading these Dove messages, I feel like the most self-assured person to ever walk the planet. I feel like I could scale mountains and run some seven minute miles. I feel like I'm good at everything and bad at nothing.

Mission accomplished, Dove marketing department.

So if you are ever hurting in the confidence department, pick yourself up a bag of Dove chocolate. Then you, too, can be greeted with messages like these upon opening your afternoon snack:

My Favorite





3 comments:

  1. I live all of the principles you illustrate here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to pick up a bag of these! Self-control is also a problem for me, but I am usually able to restrain myself when it comes to good chocolate. I sure could use a healthy dose of confidence right now too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Dove dark chocolate!

    ReplyDelete