Friday, February 8, 2013

Blizzard


This may be the last time I'll actually be able to see my driveway for the next few days. When I left my house this morning it was already snowing in Westchester, and starting to stick. Apparently the worst of it is still a few hours away, and I plan to be curled up on the couch, Nora Roberts book in hand, by the time it really starts to come down.

With snow forecasts for White Plains somewhere in the neighborhood of 1-2 feet, we are hunkering down for quite the winter blast.

Since I grew up in Pittsburgh, I am no stranger to monster snow storms. When I was little, and there was a blizzard, my mom always made cookies and hot chocolate and we spent the day playing outside.

So we are going to do the same. The plan is to whip up some cookies when I get home, spend the worst of the storm inside, and then get out and have some fun once the wind dies down. 

This is winter. Might as well enjoy it.

If you are in the path of the storm, stay warm, cozy and dry.

See you on the other side.

Happy snow day!

6 comments:

  1. The storm band came through here yesterday but it was rain all day until the evening. It is huge. Stay on that couch with your fire, book and hubby and enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're getting ready for it. My kids were disappointed they didn't get the day off (as if they haven't already had a bazillion days off!). Right now it's a hard rain, so we'll see. Stay cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ready over here! We only had one hour of rain - otherwise snowing since 8am. Coming down harder! Maybe I'll see you on twitter when the real fun starts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So we clocked in at about a foot, how'd you make out? I actually was braced for worse, so this isn't so bad. Of course, I haven't started shoveling yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're enjoying your winter storm! Stay safe :)

    ReplyDelete