Friday, November 2, 2012

Moving Day


I have been talking about moving to our new house for so long I almost feel like it already happened. All evidence to the contrary though, as there are currently three guys in my apartment packing my entire life into boxes.

And me? Well, I feel kind of useless right now. I took the day off from work for the move, but there is nothing much for me to do right now, so I am just sitting on the couch and watching. A mere spectator to the major changes taking place in my own life. 

I think it's possible I am in a little bit of denial. In denial that a part of my life is over, that I will never again come home to this apartment, the only place we have lived since we got married. In denial that my commute to work on Monday will be 40 minutes longer than it was yesterday. In denial that tonight I will be sleeping in my bed, but in a brand new bedrooom.

I am excited about this move, and my new house. But I have never, ever been very good with change.

But changes they are a-coming.

So I'm suiting up.

Next time you hear from me I'll be a full blown suburbanite. 

Wish me luck...

9 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm looking forward to reading your take on suburbia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing the moving van outside our house all day long. Then we moved to the country. It was huge. But looking back it was the best thing for our family. So glad we did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend. You'll be busy. I never liked moving because I was weirdly worried about karma change. Would the new place have the same comfy, cozy, awesome vibe? That's when I realized it's the people not the place. Can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you'll be closer to me, I think based on your tweet, although I'm not sure what town you'll be in. Welcome to suburbia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big changes can be difficult and life changing. looking forward to your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessings to you in your new home! Your apartment home will always be a part of your life and nothing can take that away from you .When one door closes ,a new window opens ..hope you really enjoy the view!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. best of luck with the move! sounds like it has been a bit of a combubulated whirlwind!

    just think of all the podcasts and books you will/read listen to/blog post up during your commute :) Sometimes time to think is the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s a good thing that you hired some people to help you pack and load your stuff. The moving will be less stressful. Asking help from some friends and family members would be a good idea too. :) I know you’re going to have a great time living in your new home. And don’t worry about the change. If there will be some, it’s for the better. Just live with it and learn from it. After all, nothing is temporary. And as they say, change is the only constant in this world.

    Elias Madden

    ReplyDelete
  9. I imagine you sitting on the couch while watching those three guys packing your stuff. It's the perfect time for you to reflect upon your life, I guess. In that moment, you'd think of how things went for you and the possibilities you have now that you're living in a new place. Being excited is very usual at times like this because you're about to start a new life.

    ReplyDelete