Thursday, August 15, 2013

Seen On The Way To Work: Summer Edition

I love seeing random, only-in-New York kinds of things on my way to work.

In the winter, at the height of the holiday tourist season, I saw everything from a mysterious woman in red and Sesame Street characters holding a conversation to camels on 51st StreetTwice.

And the craziness doesn't stop for the summer. Remember the giant Snapple flip-flop?

Sometimes New York is a really weird place to live, but I love it all the same.

Anyway, this morning's vision wasn't weird so much as it was amazing.

Every morning I have to walk past Rockefeller Center to get to work. Most of the time I'm dodging the tourists who gather to catch a glimpse of the Today Show anchors and whatever guests they have in the studio, and trying to avoid whatever madness is in the center of Rockefeller Plaza.

But this morning when I walked past the Plaza, I found myself in front of a big farmers market with everything from fruits and vegetables to wine and cookies. I was running a little bit late, but I had to take a few minutes to walk the aisles, check out all the tables, and snap these pictures.

New York in the summer. There's just nothing like it.


3 comments:

  1. I love these posts of yours. It brings back the memories of living there that were good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me miss living in the city. so close still, but might as well be a million miles away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always said that I think I would like living in the city, but I always hate commuting to the city. I don't take advantage of it being *right there* like I should. That looks like a really great farmer's market!

    ReplyDelete