Tuesday, December 10, 2013

First Snow

I knew it was supposed to snow today, but that didn't dim my excitement when I woke up this morning to find that it had already started falling. I cursed my responsible self for going to work, not because I didn't want to commute in the weather, but because I really wanted to spend the day sitting on my sunroom couch, hot chocolate in hand, watching out my back window as the snow piled up. 

I love winter, and I love snow.

I took this picture at 7:30 in the morning, right at the beginning of today's winter adventure, and I can't wait to see what it looks like when I get home.


The bright side of going into work was that I got to take this quick video of the snow falling over the train tracks and over my favorite running path that starts right behind the train station.


And as I waited for the train to come, I dreamed of a run through snow covered trails.

When I get home tonight I will make something extra special for our snow day treat - a tradition started by my parents when I was little, and that I continue to this day - and, if I can convince David to take a snow walk through our neighborhood.

Come February I may be thoroughly sick of shoveling, salting and navigating up and down my icy driveway, but for the moment, this is what I love.

Happy first snow!

3 comments:

  1. You have a much, much better outlook on this sort of thing than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I shared your love for snow :-) But your video of the snow falling is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete