Friday, July 20, 2012

Rainy Days


I have a favorite kind of weather. And it's not what you think.

I love days that are cool and cloudy and rainy. Like today.

It doesn't feel like summer outside today, and after weeks of soaring summer temperatures, that is perfectly fine with me. Because I prefer this. This weather the makes me want to curl up under a blanket with a book and a hot drink. This weather that makes me happy to be inside, looking out at the grey sky and churning waters of the Hudson River. This weather that makes me feel cozy and comfortable and content. This weather that is a welcome respite from this summer's fourth endless heat wave. This weather that makes me wish for Fall, with its crisp days and spicy scents. This weather that reminds me of all there is to look forward to in the coming months. This weather that makes me smile, makes me think, and even makes me dream.

What is your favorite weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment