Since it's Monday, and on Monday I have a hard time making decisions on just about anything, I couldn't decide whether to go with movie quotes or movie moments, so I figured I would do a combination of the two. So, in no particular order, here are my most favorite movie moments and quotes, an eclectic mix, much like myself.
1. "The Dirty Dancing Move" from Crazy, Stupid Love. Ryan Gosling. Emma Stone. I think the clip speaks for itself.
2. "I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." When Harry Met Sally
3. The entirety of the movie You've Got Mail. For your viewing satisfaction, I stumbled upon this You Tube clip of the movie's most memorable scenes:
4. President Andrew Shepherd's big speech at the end of The American President. I have seen this movie approximately five thousand times (so deep is my love for Aaron Sorkin), and this scene never, ever fails to give me chills.
5. The moment in Indian Summer where eight friends arrive, as adults, back at the camp where they spend the summers of their childhood. For some crazy reason, a lot of people have never seen, or even heard of, this movie. If you ever spend a summer (or twelve, like me) at sleep-away camp, see this movie immediately.
6. "Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it." - Dumbledore to Harry at King's Cross Station, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. I'm cheating a little here because this is actually one of my favorite quotes from all of the Harry Potter books, but I thought that the movie did the entire scene brilliantly.
7. "Hulk, Smash" - Captain America to the Hulk, The Avengers
8. George, Nina and Annie meet with the wedding planner, Franck Eggelhoffer for the first time - Father of the Bride
9. The final scene of Sex and the City (the movie). I could watch this over and over.
10. Jane and Kevin sing Benny and the Jets - 27 Dresses. People love to hate this movie. I just love it.