Monday, January 14, 2013

Ten Great Movie Moments and Quotes

I decided to do something new today. Every week, Stasha from The Good Life hosts Monday Listicles, where someone thinks up a topic, and bloggers come up with top ten lists in response. This week, Ally from Just a Normal Mom suggested the topic Ten Best Movie Quotes, or Ten Best Movie Moments, and being somewhat of a pop culture fanatic obsessed with things like last night's Golden Globes or next month's Academy Awards, I couldn't resist.

Since it's Monday, and on Monday I have a hard time making decisions on just about anything, I couldn't decide whether to go with movie quotes or movie moments, so I figured I would do a combination of the two.  So, in no particular order, here are my most favorite movie moments and quotes, an eclectic mix, much like myself.

1. "The Dirty Dancing Move" from Crazy, Stupid Love. Ryan Gosling. Emma Stone. I think the clip speaks for itself.



2. "I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." When Harry Met Sally


3. The entirety of the movie You've Got Mail. For your viewing satisfaction, I stumbled upon this You Tube clip of the movie's most memorable scenes:


4. President Andrew Shepherd's big speech at the end of The American President. I have seen this movie approximately five thousand times (so deep is my love for Aaron Sorkin), and this scene never, ever fails to give me chills.


5. The moment in Indian Summer where eight friends arrive, as adults, back at the camp where they spend the summers of their childhood. For some crazy reason, a lot of people have never seen, or even heard of, this movie. If you ever spend a summer (or twelve, like me) at sleep-away camp, see this movie immediately.


6. "Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it." - Dumbledore to Harry at King's Cross Station, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II. I'm cheating a little here because this is actually one of my favorite quotes from all of the Harry Potter books, but I thought that the movie did the entire scene brilliantly.


7. "Hulk, Smash" - Captain America to the Hulk, The Avengers


8. George, Nina and Annie meet with the wedding planner, Franck Eggelhoffer for the first time - Father of the Bride


9. The final scene of Sex and the City (the movie). I could watch this over and over.


10. Jane and Kevin sing Benny and the Jets - 27 Dresses. People love to hate this movie. I just love it.



12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, so many of these are awesome. AWESOME. I love Father of the Bride (both 1 & 2) and Harry Potter? Forget about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an awesome scene in Crazy, Stupid Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED Crazy, Stupid Love!!!! And I want somebody (big enough) to do that lift with me. I have seen American President just a few times less than You've Got Mail but they are both favorites. Anytime Bennie and the Jets comes on, I smile because of the movie BUT I love then ending of SATC, the movie. What an awesome list.

    Oh and by the way, did you ever see the movie "Like Crazy"? It is sooooo good. Not funny good. Just really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Harry Met Sally is one of my favorite movies. I'd have also picked something from Princess Bride. But I bowed out of listicles this week - I didn't think I could do 10 I'm so bad with movies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list!! You've Got Mail, The American President, Father of the Bride, and 27 Dresses are all favorites of mine. Anytime I catch them on TV, I'm watching it!!

    Kate

    http://seriouslykateblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. "It's like your photoshopped or something!" That line is awesome. Loved the french subtitles, too.

    Great picks! Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a clip of The Notebook on another list and between that and this clip here, I've done a 180 on Mr. Gosling. He can play Christian Grey anytime. That photoshopped line was seriously awesome...and now I have to go buy the movie so I can watch and re-watch the visual that went with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crazy Stupid Love was so awesome. Pretty much every scene with Emma and Ryan was awesome, but that one was prob my favorite, too! And American President! I forgot all about that movie! So good. Your list is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could not agree more on #1,2 and 6. Just watched Crazy, Stupid, Love for the 2nd time the other night. Such a great (and underrated) movie. And yes, that scene absolutely speaks for itself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank's for the clip from Crazy, Stupid, Love! Anything with Ryan Gosling not wearing a shirt is awesome :) And I love the Benny and the Jet scene from 27 dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the first 4, definitely my favorites. Especially Crazy Stupid Love - which is such a great movie. Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me at number one!! Love me some naked Ryan. He is like photoshopped ;)

    ReplyDelete