Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Double Trouble


So I'm sitting on the couch, watching TV, minding my own business, when I hear a noise.

Now, having only lived in my 100 year old house a little over a year, as I have, I am not quite used to all the random noises that it makes. And, having been plagued with plumbing issues as we have, a noise is never just the house settling or the furnace humming to life. It is much more likely to be a pipe bursting, a major leak, or some other household disaster that I am ill equipped to fix.

Turns out, it was none of those.

As I looked around wildly to figure out what it could be and then decided that whatever it was could wait until David came home - since he is the best homeowner to ever walk the planet, and then solution to all of my home repair and improvement needs - the source of the noise rolled towards me.

It seems that David had bought himself a robot a la The Good Wife to take to his trade shows so that he could have one of his employees helping him man the booth while not actually being physically present at the show.

He calls it his Double, and while its primary use is for his upcoming trade show in Texas, until that day arrives he is using it to scare the hell out of me as frequently as possible.

Witness the picture above.

While my attention was focused elsewhere, he rolled himself (and his dad, who who he was visiting) over to the side of the couch and waited patiently for me to notice him - and jump three feet in sheer terror once I did. And he and his dad laughed and laughed.

This Friday the Double will be taking a trip to South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, but until then he is gracing the corner of my living room keeping R2-D2 company. 

Because who wouldn't want a living room filled with robots, of all shapes and sizes? Now if I could only teach one of them to do the laundry. Then we would be talking.

6 comments:

  1. Haha, I can't stop laughing but that's so freaking weird! I might go rent an apartment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I would kill him! Funny though :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how inventive your husband is. But if my husband ever activated a robot in my house when he wasn't home I think I'd die of terror.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, so clever and I would have died of fright. I tried to comment on your spin post but my phone won't let me. Anyhoo, no one's cuter than your hubs. I love his brain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bwahahaha! I would have thrown something at it! I don't scream if I'm scared, I hit back! LOL Nice of him to think of you and say hello. xox

    ReplyDelete